Wildlife Resources Wildlife Resources Logo
Disability Home Contact Us News DNR Home
Wildlife Diversity
Law Enforcement
go Wild!
License Plate
Kid Zone
go Wild
Disability Services Licenses/Permits

Class Q and QQ

A Class Q and QQ special hunting permit for People with permanent disabilities in the lower extremities entitles the holder to hunt legal species of game from a motor vehicle during the designated hunting seasons. Permanently disabled in the lower extremities means that the person has a permanent and total disabilities due to paralysis or disease in the lower half of the body and cannot ambulate successfully more than 200 feet without assistance. A Class Q or QQ permit holder must buy a resident or nonresident Hunting License, a Senior Citizen License, or be exempt from the License requirement.

Disabled Veteran

Any resident of West Virginia who was honorably discharged from the armed forces of the United States, and who receives a veteranís pension based on total permanent service connected disability as certified by the veterans administration, is permitted to hunt, trap or fish without obtaining a license.

Permanently Visually Impaired (Application)

A person who is permanently visually impaired may make a formal request to the Director through application for issuance of the Special Hunting Permit for a Permanently Visually Impaired Person.


Any bona fide resident of West Virginia who is totally blind may fish without a license. A written statement or certificate from a duly licensed physician of this state certifying that the resident person is totally blind will serve in lieu of a fishing license and shall be carried at all times while he or she is fishing.  

The following forms and instructions are provided in Acrobat Reader format.
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader you can download it for free by clicking on this link to Adobe's web site.

Modified Bow Permit Form
Class Q Permit Application
Class Y Crossbow Permit Application
Disabled Veterans and Former Prisoners of War Application
Developmentally Disabled Resident Fishing License (DDRFL) Application

Trout Stocking |  Wildlife Viewing |  Licenses/Permits | 
 | Fishing Waters |  Park Regulations | 
Contact Webmaster | dnr.wildlife@wv.gov
© West Virginia Division of Natural Resources