The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Technical Support Program is an office under the Wildlife Resources Section, Operations Unit. We integrate advanced mapping and geospatial technologies in all units and programs within the Wildlife Resources Section, including GIS and global positioning systems (GPS) enterprise data management, paper and electronic map production, Wildlife Management Area (WMA) boundary management, spatial data analysis, and training.
WV GIS Data Clearinghouse
– For spatial data downloads of WVDNR data, housed by the WV GIS Technical center.
Citizen Science Data Collection
– Visit the Surveys & Citizen Science pages to get started.
Watershed Resources Registry
– An interactive online mapping tool that prioritizes areas for preservation and restoration of wetlands, riparian zones, terrestrial areas, and stormwater management control across West Virginia and other states.
Hunting & Fishing Maps
Interactive Hunting, Trapping & Fishing Map
– Now accessible on mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows) web browser. Learn how to use the Hunting and Fishing map here.
Wildlife Management Area Maps
– These maps are perfect for printing and viewing Wildlife Management Area maps with topographic background information.
Lake Fishing Maps
– These maps are perfect for printing and viewing lake maps with depth information. Watch the West Virginia wildlife lake mapping video here.
WV DNR Avenza Maps
– Download the Avenza Maps app on your mobile device to view and navigate on downloaded maps offline.
For additional information, please contact the GIS and Technical Support Program at:
Elkins Operations Center
PO Box 67
Elkins, WV 26241