If you simply visit our site and browse through our Web site sections, read pages, or download information, we may automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you, nor does it contain any personal information.
Information collected might include:
- The name of the Internet domain, such as “aol.com” or “myschool.edu”, used to access our Web site.
- The IP address from which you accessed our Web site. (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are accessing the Web.)
- The type of browser and operating system you are using.
- The date and time of your visit.
- The pages on our site which you visited.
- If you linked to the Division of Natural Resources Web site from another Web site, the address of the linking Web site.
We gather and use this information simply to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
We want to make it very clear: We will not obtain personal-identifying information about you when you visit our Web site, unless you choose to voluntarily provide such information to us.
Except as required by law, we do not share any information gathered on our Web site, including e-mail addresses, with any private or commercial organization.
E-mails and Web Forms.
If you choose to provide us with personal information – as in an e-mail, or by filling out a form with personal information and submitting it to us through our Web site – we use that information to respond to your message and to help provide the specific information or service requested. We treat e-mail messages the same way we treat regular postal letters. The information is used solely for the direct purpose intended.
Links To Other Sites.
The Division of Natural Resources Web site includes links to other governmental agencies and natural resource related organizations. Such links do not imply an endorsement of any product or service. Furthermore, the Division of Natural Resources is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Web sites.
Preserving Your Privacy Rights.
The Division of Natural Resources recognizes that individual privacy is a fundamental right that must be preserved in our increasingly technological society. Visitors to our Web site can be confident that we consider the preservation and security of personal information one of our most important objectives.
Division of Natural Resources
324 Fourth Ave
South Charleston, WV 25303
Phone: (304) 558-3315