News Release: November 20, 2020
SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.VA. — The West Virginia Division of Natural Resources will provide disposal sites during the upcoming buck firearms season for deer carcasses harvested in counties where chronic wasting disease exists.
Disposal sites will be available in Hampshire, Hardy, Mineral, Berkeley and Morgan counties Nov. 23 through Dec. 14. On-site dumpsters are to be used exclusively for disposing of deer carcasses and parts. Those who dispose of household trash will be cited and fined.
Disposal sites will be available at the following locations:
- Sleepy Creek WMA Headquarters – 1910 Sleepy Creek Road in Hedgesville
- WVDNR District 2 Office storage building parking lot, north of Depot St. off Route 28 in Romney
- Springfield Fire Department — Springfield Pike in Springfield
- Capon Bridge Fire Department — along Route. 50 in Capon Bridge
- Wardensville WMA Headquarters – 1593 Trout Run Road in Wardensville
- Burlington Fire Department – along Route 50 in Burlington
- Ridge Hatchery – 12051 Valley Road in Berkeley Springs
For more information, contact the District 2 Office by calling 304-822-3551.